December 10, 2008

Wednesday is Hump Day


I remember when my grandpa told me that they would connect freight trains over a hump because it would keep them from moving too far away taking advantage of gravity. I never checked out the validity of this claim, but it always pops into my mind when it's Wednesday, because it's hump day (it refers to making it half way through the work week).



Today I feel good because I finished my first class of the semester, fingers crossed for a good grade to propel my school applications forward. Oh yeah, have I mentioned to the blogosphere (I hate that word) that I am trying to transfer schools again? I know, only an idiot would want to go through the process of applying to schools unnecessarily, but hey, one life to live and all that junk. As promised here is the link to the long cut of my final projectt. Upon watching it again after watching the short on so many times I can see that the pacing was really broken up and it is probably better that in the end I kept the short version...

Also, even though I've been extremely busy doing all sorts of work, papers, homework and painting plus a little studying on the side I've had a better than average music production week. For those of you who like your indie rock/sad songs more I suggest my personal think tank The Apes Planet. For those of you who like a little more lyric in your life I suggest The Second Shift. And for those of of you just want to strip naked and make babies to a thumping beat, I suggest Led Zeppelin... No, really I suggest The Crooks Club.


What's so awesome about all those suggestions you may ask? Well, they are all me.

My friend Elizabeth hit me off with word that her boyfriend and acquaintance of mine Will Johnson aka Gordon Voidwell may be receiving a major label record deal soon, and I am trying to ride his coattails to glory and fame by producing the album artwork. She described the record label as "You know that show Run's House? You know Reverend Run? Like his son? Jo-Jo? And he's in that one group and they got signed? It's that record label."

Check out his music. It has a well crafted array of synth with some nice bass slaps and a penchant for sound effects that really create a vibrant alien soundscape. One where Stevie Wonder is king and Prince is... well, a prince. Now that I am done with my class I can focus on my final project for Concepts in Visual Art, which has to deal with the phenomenon of synesthesia. It's a phenomenon I am experiencing.

Last thoughts:

Remember on my Junior spesh post where I talked about the terrible meal I cooked? Well, I made a different atrocity that is waiting at home for me tonight. Like a child with a bad report card, or a wife with a secret lover... I might have to divert to the bar.

No comments: