December 17, 2008

Today:


Was rough, but good.

I got stuck in a traffic jam on the bus and spent an hour and a half crawling through traffic with that weird Minneapolis guy that I always see on the bus. He usually wears a white suit, a head band, and has twisted hair popping out. You've seen him in Uptown... you know who I'm talking about.

Hahaha... Holy shit. I just searched "White suit headband Minneapolis" in Google and it found the guy... Hahaha.




That's too good to be true. Like I was saying I always see this guy on the bus and also at Walker Art Center openings. This summer I spent another long bus ride sitting next to him on the 4K and he spent the entire time calling his friends on his tracfone, inviting them to a bar to see his new painting. I remember this because I: A) Always see him B)Realized it was strange that instead of having his contacts entered into his phone or a little black book of numbers he had a plastic Target bag full of different scraps of paper with names and numbers written on them. Google says this man is Scott Seekins...

Man, isn't that something. By dressing in an unusal fashion I was able to locate this character. I should start dressing in an unsual and recognizable way, so that when someone is writing their blog they can be filled with joy and the amazement of Google search. Here's an article about Scott... I guess I'm not the only one that took notice.

I was originally going to post an anecdote about Smurfs, Pikachus and Bros, and how they all use their respective proper-nouns as a sort of Madlib insert for their conversation. But this Scott Seekins thing blew my mind, and I think I'll leave it at that... and at this:

I found you out doggy... Except I can't find a clip from my old Saturday Night Fever soundtrack... Let me keep searching...



This link is the bridge between these two. Click play on the first track (but don't buy it accidentally... unless you want a 0.09 cent charge on your credit card with a $2.00 surcharge...



I was just thinking about how I bought the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever in 7th grade when I went to Mexico at a VIPS (pronounced "veeps") restaurant and Sam-Goody-esque store... (Yeah, they do it like that in Mexico). And when I heard "Stress" I said to myself, "Self, you know this sample. Dig deep in your brain, what is it..." Self responded. Good night.

No comments: