But these are not as serious... well, yes, but I guess these are generally more fun:
1.Start shaving with a straight razor
Nobody does this anymore, but I remember the two times I've been given a shave at a barber they used the a straight razor, and the routine and sort of calming reverance given to the activity of shaving with a straight razor is much more appealing to me than a man with a gruff voice shouting "Mach 3 Turbo" at me. However, this is an expensive start-up. I've considered asking for a straight razor, strop, badger hair brush and the like for birthdays and Christmas before, but it seems like I should just probably hold off until I have the money to venture into more ridiculous hobbies.
2. Learn a plethora of drinks which I can mix at a moments notice.
Not only will it impress my friends, but I won't be stuck drinking rum & cokes like some of the people I know. (You know you're out there, admit it). I think the first few I am going to attempt to memorize are the Manhattan, Bobby Burns, any good Martini, a Rum Collins (which Meg and I began to master at school until our bundle of mint turned into a hamster...) and a Gimlet.
3. Parkour.
This one is crazy, and I already beat the shit out of my body doing it, but there is nothing like reliving childhood playground endevors like the sport of parkour. It involves moving from point A to point B as quickly and effortlessly as possible, and after going to my first jam realized it is probably the only thing that will keep me motivated to excerise for the next 50 years.
4.Learn all the languages I started off but got too lazy to continue.
5.Build a nice home studio.
Or a place to make things, whether it be art or music. Then hopefully convince my friends to drop by whenever they want to make stuff. But the recording studio is a must.
6.Write a script for a movie or television.
I started this many times but never finished. Although it may in part be because I was writing the hilarious but terrible "Ragethoven: A Minor Threat." It's saved on my email, I'll have to post it sometime.

7. Open up a Mexican snack cart.
Sell cucumber spears and fruit with chili and lime, real chalupas, semitas etc etc. Part of the reason I want to do this however is so that I will finally have a place where I can eat my favorite childhood snacks. However, as evidenced by Meaghan's total disgust with me after I poured chili flakes on my bowl of fruit the United States of Minnesota might not be ready for it yet... But then they'll be missing out on coctel de camarones.
There we go, some more fun things...


2 comments:
so basically what you're saying is, you want to be a man.
also, what is a strop?
Straight razors sting!! Trust me...
Post a Comment