March 24, 2009

New Layout

I've finally decided to stop being lazy and brush up on the most basic HTML skills that I have hidden deep in my brain, plus do a little logo design and layout shit. So, here's my new blog layout, and as time passes I plan on making it nicer and more visual pleasing.

I had a great break, got to visit both Pratt and RISD, and to be honest I am really hoping for RISD over Pratt. The school is banging. Banging. If I don't get in I will probably turn off all the lights in my basement and sit in the dark listening to sad music... naked. Crying in the dark. Or maybe dancing... in the dark.

Tomorrow I have my marathon session of classes, with three hours of sculpture, three hours of painting and three hours of art history. I am kind of excited for everything but painting, because we are just replicating the works of an old master. I was assigned Jean Baptiste Camille Corot. This is the painting I will be replicating:


It reminds me of Fantasia, and it is based off of the Greek god Silenus, who was the god of drunkeness and wine. I remember being really amazed by the animations of flowing wine in Fantasia.


When I was four years old I tried to convince my little brother that the volcanic eruptions that formed the beginning of the world in the first segment of Fantasia was actually orange juice. He was barely a year old so I doubt he even knew what I was talking about.

Anyway, I am a little apprehensive because I have to do this painting in oil, and I have never worked in this medium before. So... hopefully I figure it out in time, or at least enough time to get a decent grade.

Anyway, please let me know what you think of the new layout.

1 comment:

PurpleBetsyRain said...

i lurve it. lurve it. the header is wicked cool. and i'll join you in the sad dark basement if you don't get in.
also, the secret password on this page is hyman.