Blogotheque. It took me a long time to figure out it was pronounced like discotheque, not Blog-O-The-Q. I feel stupid. But...
Most of those of you up on music and the internet probably already know about this, but it is the project of a Parisian filmaker to document musicians in interesting and intimate settings. I really enjoy the musicianship, as well as the bare bones feel and sound of the music. I discovered this now almost three years ago and probably watched Grizzly Bear's performance of "The Knife" a hundred times. (Also, not part of blogotheque, but awesome, check out this performance).
Anyway, here's a really nice Bon Iver performance.
And the original culprit:
This one's for Himmes:
I also watched MAN ON WIRE tonight, and it was great. I recommend everyone watch it. This trailor is good, but it doesn't do it justice. The footage of Phillipe walking the wire is really amazing.
March 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment