This is the president of RISD:
I love this school. At the same time, my hands feel like they are about to fall off, and I haven't had to think this hard about art in a LONG time. But that's why I love it.
My spacial dynamics class is awesome, thanks to professor Garreth from the U.K. who lectured us for 8 hours on perception phenomenon and how everything we know is wrong. Which I guess was not entirely correct because I already did know that YES, the world is not in color, just in electromagnetic fields, and yes, perception is not absolute truth. But it was still fun/interesting/exciting to have a professor demand theory be applied to our art instead of the regular craftsmanship compensating for poor ideas. (The bad part now is that we have to scrap craftsmanship and come up with original ideas, which anybody can attest is much harder than it sounds).
Met some really great people here so far, but after these first two days it is apparent why our orientation leaders kept pounding into us that we needed to remember to have a life, as I have done nothing but eat sleep and dream my assignments. Hopefully this weekend will be a bit freer and we can go out for drinks and discuss typefaces at length.
We also saw a video about color constancy that blew my mind, and although I've searched in vain I cannot find it on youtube. Look it up.
So now I have an estimated three hours of homework left, so I'm just taking this break to say hello world, what's up, I'm still alive, RISD is great, and all that shit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Is the color one, where the man is doing a card trick and while he is doing it they change the background color and you don't notice?
Post a Comment