I had an awesome/crazy/terrible weekend.
I spent it facilitating/making/cleaning up art installations for 33 straight hours. Once I got home I starting coughing so hard my throat started bleeding, and when I woke up I vomited. That's what you get when the only thing you've had as sustinance over two days are miniature Slim Jims and Full Throttle. Yesterday I slept for fourteen hours, woke up to be sick, drank thirty cups of tea, and went back to bed. Today I worked for 8 more hours, doing demolition of the Don't Sleep On It space, and stepping on a nail, which went through my foot. Luckily I had a tetanis shot five years ago so I'm in the clear.
But overall the event was amazing, it was an experience I will never forget and also something I suggest everyone does sometime. Not that you can just have a 24-hour art making marathon any day, but it is sick nonetheless.
Here's the time-lapse video of (half) the installations.
Check out my ill cholo-"Don't Sleep On It" sign in the beginning.
May 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment