February 03, 2009

New York, I love you... But you're bringing me down.


Is it wrong to get sentimental over a restaurant?

I've probably eaten more meals at "Around the Clock" than in my own home. This place kept me from becoming destitute while living in New York, and it also holds some of my fondest memories. Unfortunately I had to find ou that it is closed through a friend's Facebook status. I always wanted to go back and eat the beef fajitas just one more time... I never got the chance (or the recipe, like I was planning to). Bon Voyage ATC, you were an intergral part of my life.

Here's to the $2 quesadilla appetizer!
Here's to the $5 large nachos!
Here's to the $6 beef fajitas (possibly one of the greatest dishes I've ever ingested)
Here's to the countless 4am meals, the celebrations and good times!
Here's my scavanged tribute:


VIDEO SHOWING THE TRUTH ABOUT AROUND THE CLOCK'S GREATNESS... With a less than spectacular host.


No comments: